Junior PHP Developer
Revium is looking for a Junior PHP Developer to join their team in Melbourne.
Position: Junior PHP Developer
Posted: 10 December 2021
Revium is not your usual Marketing, Consulting or Development Agency. We’re much more than that. We offer services spanning Customer Experience, Data, Digital Development and Marketing. We thrive on helping our customers solve complex challenges and take advantage of exciting new opportunities in the digital space. With over 20 years of experience delivering a variety of solutions spanning a multitude of different industries, we pride ourselves on delivering valuable experiences for our clients and their customers.
Our team of 40-odd people is made up of skilled and dedicated researchers, designers, analysts, marketers, developers, project managers and more. Workplace culture is at the forefront of our minds and we provide a supportive environment to help our staff develop and grow. We’re pretty proud of our professional perks too, which include a range of benefits from competitive salaries and annual remuneration reviews, to ongoing training and development programs, and regular team and company events. We also value a positive work-life balance which is why we offer flexible working hours, a unique time in lieu policy and the option to work from home up to 4 days a week.
We’re always on the hunt for quality people to help us grow our business, in fact we want to double in size over the next three years, which is why we’re currently looking for a Junior PHP Developer to join us on that journey.
Surrounded by trendy cafes and cool bars, Revium is located in Cremorne, a short 2-minute stroll from Richmond Station. A great position for anyone seeking a locale that’s close enough to the city for travel, but far enough away to experience the vibrant atmosphere in one of Melbourne’s bustling creative hubs.
Who Are You?
You are a motivated PHP Developer who is keen to further develop your skills. You ideally have 1-3 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably at an agency like ours.
You enjoy working collaboratively with other Developers and Subject Matter Experts from the onset to ensure the best possible outcome for the client.
What’s The Role?
The Junior PHP Developer supports the development, enhancement and maintenance of PHP based digital solutions in line with specified requirements and identified client needs.
The Junior PHP Developer works closely with all teams including sales, project managers, business analysts, CX, front end developers and the client to make sure that the work they deliver is on time, on budget and to the highest standards so that they meet or exceed the client’s expectations.
The Junior PHP Developer reports to the Lead PHP Developer.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the delivery of new LAMP projects against scope, quality, effort, budget and timelines
- Contribute to the solution design for new PHP projects with a focus on providing excellent outcomes for the client
- Support/maintain legacy projects as directed
- At times assist with front end development works, adhering to standards as set out by the front end team
- Build and/or maintain WordPress based websites
- Adhere to team coding standards and review process
- Where required, assist in quoting for new projects or enhancements to existing projects
- At times provide direct customer support for our clients with regards to their LAMP applications
- Contribute to the maintenance of LAMP hardware/software and developmental systems for the PHP team
- Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager
- Contribute to the company knowledge base and process improvements
What Are We Ideally Looking For?
- Ideally 1-3 years of experience in a PHP Development role
- Experience working in a comparative role in a digital agency (preferred but not required)
- Current Australian resident that lives in Melbourne
- Strong capability in LAMP development essential
- High attention to detail on all aspects of development tasks
- Pro-active, self-motivated and reliable
- Takes a proactive approach to ongoing education/learning/skill development
- Great written and verbal communication skills
Interested In Joining Our Team?
We love an interesting cover letter and resume that doesn’t take too many liberties with the truth. Working open and transparently is our motto around here, so we are looking for someone who values these same principles too.
Ready to make the jump? Apply online here or alternatively email your materials to us.
Job Application Email Address: [email protected]